Most lubricants damage sperm, as shown in numerous studies, and should be avoided for optimal sperm quality and outcomes:
- Zero percent fertilization or embryo development after exposure to 10% Priority Care in a bovine in vitro fertilization model.
- A motile sperm decline of over 30% within 3 hrs of contact to "non-spermicidal" veterinary lubricants in a fresh storage setting, as well as over the 48 hrs of routine cold storage.
Theriogel is the ONLY lubricant to not decrease stallion sperm motility during both fresh & cold storage in prospective, blind studies.
Theriogel does not interfere with the ability of sperm to fertilize eggs, or support subsequent embryo development, even after exposure to high concentrations of 50% (v/v - bovine in vitro fertilization model).
Theriogel was developed by a DVM, PhD, Theriogenologist with over 15 years of federal funding in sperm physiology.
Theriogel is the only lubricant formulated with:
- A physiologic osmolality and ion concentration;
- A buffer to ensure that pH remains stable; and
- An antioxidant to protect sperm from free radical damage during handling.